Effective Date: April 3, 2017.
- Your Choices and Your CA Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding information collection and communications options explained here, including:
- California residents have certain privacy rights detailed here
- Although Kitty Hawk does not look for or respond to “do not track” signals, you can find information on tracking technologies here and certain choice options regarding Tracking Technologies here
- Your options regarding accessing and changing certain of your Personal Information are available
- Your options regarding promotional communications are explained here; and
- Children’s privacy rights, and notice to parents of these rights, are explained here.
- Collection of Information
- Kitty Hawk may ask you to provide Personal Information (e.g., name, address, e-mail, phone number, etc.), as well as other information (e.g., gender, interests, etc.), which may be required to access certain content, features, and functionality. More
- Kitty Hawk and third parties may collect information from you automatically as you access the Service (e.g., information about the devices you use to access the Service and your usage activities). More
- The information Kitty Hawk receives via the Service may be combined with information Kitty Hawk receives from third parties and sources outside of the Service. More
- Kitty Hawk’s policies and practices regarding Personal Information collected from children are explained here
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- to deliver and improve Kitty Hawk’s services;
- for Kitty Hawk’s marketing and other purposes;
- in connection with corporate transactions (e.g., merger or sale);
- to display your posts or send your messages More;
- in connection with your use of third-party services More; and
- in connection with sweepstakes, contests and promotions More.
- Kitty Hawk obtains your consent (e.g., opt-in, opt-out), however, before knowingly sharing Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Kitty Hawk may share your non-Personal Information, aggregate and/or de-identified information about you except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Questions and How to Contact Kitty Hawk
- Table of Contents
- Information Collected Automatically. Kitty Hawk, its Service Providers, and/or Third-Party Services may also automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Service (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Service, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Except to the extent required by applicable law, or to the extent Usage Information is combined by or on behalf of Kitty Hawk with Kitty Hawk-Collected PI, Kitty Hawk does not consider Usage Information (including, without limitation, unique device identifiers) to be Personal Information or Kitty Hawk-Collected PI. For more information on Third-Party Services’ data collection and practices click here For more information on Service Provider data collection and practices click here For information on choices some of these third parties may offer you regarding automated data collection click here
The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information:Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and may be stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, Web Beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), Embedded scripts, Fingerprinting, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Service, and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result some features and functionalities of the Service may not work. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file which may be placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Flash cookies and HTML5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings won’t control them. To identify certain types of local shared objects on your device and adjust your settings, please visit: www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”)Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded ScriptsAn embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from Kitty Hawk’s web server, or from a third-party with which Kitty Hawk works, and is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Fingerprinting.Collection and analysis of information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts, and other data, for purposes of identification and/or tracking.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third-Party Services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services, and used by Kitty Hawk and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third-Party Services. See Section 11 regarding certain choices regarding these activities.
Kitty Hawk is giving you notice of the Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them explained in Section 11 so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
- Allow you to participate in the features we offer on the Service;
- Facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve your online experience;
- Transact with you, provide services or information you request, respond to your comments, questions and requests, serve you content and/or advertising, and send you notices;
- Kitty Hawk’s marketing and other purposes;
- Improve the Service and for any other internal business purposes;
- Tailor our content, advertisements, and offers;
- Fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information or otherwise where we are legally permitted or are required to do so;
- Determine your location and manage digital content rights (e.g., territory restrictions); and
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
Kitty Hawk may share non-Personal Information, and Personal Information that is not deemed Kitty Hawk-Collected PI hereunder (provided that Kitty Hawk is aware of no restrictions of Kitty Hawk’s use, if any), with third parties for any purpose. Kitty Hawk’s sharing of Kitty Hawk-Collected PI is, however, subject to the following:
- Marketing: Subject to your communications choices explained in Section 11, and the rights of California residents explained here, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing communications. Kitty Hawk will not share your Kitty Hawk-Collected PI with third parties, for their own direct marketing purposes, except in connection with Corporate Transactions (defined below) absent your consent (which may be by means of third-party interaction described in the next bullet point).
- Your Disclosure or Consent: As more fully described in Section 5 (Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others) and Section 6 (Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, Social Features, Advertising and Analytics), your activities on the Service may, by their nature, result in the sharing of your Kitty Hawk-Collected Personal Information (as well as your other Personal Information and your non-Personal Information) with third parties and by engaging in these activities you consent to that and further sharing and disclosure to third parties. Such third-party data receipt and collection is subject to the privacy and business practices of that third-party, not Kitty Hawk.
- Kitty Hawk’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to your information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, Demographic Information, and Usage Information, in connection with their work on Kitty Hawk’s behalf, provided however, Kitty Hawk does not authorize its Service Providers to use Kitty Hawk-Collected PI provided by Kitty Hawk to the Service Providers to send you direct marketing messages other than related to Kitty Hawk absent your consent. For more information on choices Service Providers may offer you click here.
- To comply with the law, law enforcement or other legal process, and in response to a government request; and
Kitty Hawk may also share your Kitty Hawk-Collected Personal Information (as well as your other Personal Information and your non-Personal Information), in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of Kitty Hawk assets, or transfer of all or a portion of Kitty Hawk’s business to another company (“Corporate Transactions”).
In addition, in conjunction with laws and regulations enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) and similar state and local regulatory agencies, we may ask you to provide us with self-identifying information (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity). Providing such self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide us with such information, we may submit that information, to the EEOC, the OFCCP and similar state and local regulatory agencies or otherwise use or disclose it for business-related purposes, including, without limitation, responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements and defending against employment related complaints.
Additionally, the Service may offer you the option to send a communication to a friend. If so, Kitty Hawk relies on you to only send to people that have given you permission to do so. The friend’s Personal Information you provide (e.g., name, e-mail address) will be used to facilitate the communication, but not used by Kitty Hawk for any other marketing purpose unless Kitty Hawk obtains consent from that person. Your contact information and message may be included in the communication.
The Service may include hyperlinks to, or include on or in connection with, the Service (e.g., apps and plug-ins), websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties (“Third-Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.
Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain Third-Party Services, such as third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Service and a Third-Party Service; “liking” or “sharing” Kitty Hawk’s content; logging in to the Service using your Third-Party Service account (e.g., using Facebook Connect to sign-in to the Service); and to otherwise connect the Service to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Service). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Service (see Section 5) or by the Third-Party Service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references the Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Kitty Hawk in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Service or otherwise by Kitty Hawk. Also, both Kitty Hawk and the third-party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Service and any Third-Party Service.
Kitty Hawk may engage and work with Service Providers and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Service and/or on third-party services. These parties may associate their own Tracking Technologies with your Device to collect information about you.
Kitty Hawk takes reasonable measures to protect Kitty Hawk-Collected PI (excluding public submissions) from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and Kitty Hawk cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Service.
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children less than 13 years of age. Kitty Hawk does not intend to collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) (“Children’s Personal Information”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If we obtain knowledge that we have collected Children’s Personal Information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
Kitty Hawk may provide web pages or other mechanisms allowing you to delete, correct, or update some of the Kitty Hawk-Collected PI, and potentially certain other information about you (e.g., profile and account information). Kitty Hawk will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in Kitty Hawk’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information or public postings from Kitty Hawk’s databases and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter. Further, we reserve the right to retain data (a) as required by applicable law; and (b) for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained except to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Tracking Technologies Generally. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies, or other Tracking Technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s website http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-third-party-local-shared.html. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.Some App-related Tracking Technologies in connection with non-browser usage (e.g., most functionality of a mobile app) can only be disabled by uninstalling the app. To uninstall an app, follow the instructions from your operating system or handset manufacturer.Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, Kitty Hawk currently does not alter Kitty Hawk’s practices when Kitty Hawk receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com, but Kitty Hawk is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third-party information. Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. One way to potentially identify cookies on our Site is to add the free Ghostery plug-in to your browser (www.ghostery.com), which according to Ghostery will display for you traditional, browser-based cookies associated with the web sites (but not mobile apps) you visit and privacy and opt-out policies and options of the parties operating those cookies. Kitty Hawk is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this tool or third-party choice notices or mechanisms. For specific information on some of the choice options offered by third-party analytics and advertising providers, see the next section.
- Communications. You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications (emails or text messaging) from Kitty Hawk at any time by (i) for promotional e-mails, following the instructions provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or if available by changing your communication preferences by logging onto your account; and (ii) for text messages, following the instructions provided in text messages from Kitty Hawk to text the word, “STOP”. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address or phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, Kitty Hawk may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Kitty Hawk’s ongoing business relations.
We do not share personal information as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine The Light law”) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes absent your consent. To opt-out of future sharing with third parties for their direct marking purposes, please contact us as set forth on our “About Us” page. If you are a California resident, you may request information about our compliance with the Shine the Light law by contacting us as set forth on our “About Us” page or by sending a letter to Kitty Hawk Corporation, 2700 Broderick Way, Mountain View, CA 94043 (Attention: General Counsel). Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address or mail address.
© Kitty Hawk Corporation 2017. All Rights Reserved.